On December 21 2010 I met with Dr Tony Patinotis to discuss the lap band procedure.
On January 24th 2011 at approximately 10.30AM I went and had the surgery at the Hobart Private hospital.
I remember the operating room it was bright sunny and clean. I don't remember seeing Tony but I remember talking to the anesthesiologist and having things stuck on my shoulders and then waking up in recovery
I did not have the ideal wake up after the surgery I had a fair bit of pain which was treated with morphine in the recovery room, i woke up briefly about 2pm and was in and out of a drowsy sleep for the remainder of the evening.
I remember my family coming in but I do not remember much else between the hours of 2 and 7. Out of everything I have worked out anesthetic, morphine and me don't mix well. I was given fluids and a small clear soup in the hospital although I was not overly hungry.
I did however have several intravenous doses of panadol from when i woke up after the surgery to when i woke up on the 25th.
I woke up properly after the surgery around 7.30pm and i finished off my dinner that was brought to me around 5pm.
My parents had come back and my mum helped me get changed as i was still not quite at my best.
After they left i drifted in and out of sleep.
I had a room mate who had the surgery roughly the same time as me so we were both going through similar experiences.
When I woke up this morning Id only had several hours sleep but I was relatively pain free. My first shower was interesting and a minor bit painful, I couldn't move much and I was a bit bloated but I got washed and in and out of the shower in a reasonable amount of time.
I was then sent downstairs for a xray which showed everything was where it was meant to be, I had to wait an extra 2hours to be discharged.
Im now at home, in a little bit of pain, but generally ok, will go back to the surgeon in 4weeks.
For lunch I had a cream of chicken cup a soup and then pumpkin velish mixed with cream for dinner.
Welcome Jess,
ReplyDeleteNice to meet you! Good luck on your journey! I look forward to seeing your success.
Could you please re-follow my blog! I changed the URL and now everyone who follows my blog can not see my new posts in their blog feed. http://mandyblapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteThank you,
Mandy